The Waltons Guide to Irish Music is a comprehensive A-Z guide to Irish and Celtic Music by Harry Long.
The Waltons Guide to Irish Music is a veritable Who's Who and What's What of Irish music - the most comprehensive and up-to-date resource for Irish music lovers currently available. Organised in A-Z format for ease of use, the Guide is also extensively cross-referenced, highlighting the many cross-currents, influences and interconnections in Irish and Celtic music.
Illustrated throughout with photographs, drawings and examples of different music forms and types of orientation.
Includes over 900 entries, fully cross-referenced on:
- Important musicians, singer and groups, past and present (including recommended recordings);
- The many types of instrumental music and their connections with dance;
- Irish song and singing styles;
- The history and development of Irish dancing;
- The main instruments of traditional music and their history in Ireland and other countries;
- Music in other countries and regions that have influenced - and been influenced by - Irish music;
- Collectors, cultural organisations and festivals.